The USGS, Menlo Park Science Center has been the flagship research center for the USGS in the western United States for more than 50 years. It is the largest USGS research center in the West and houses extensive research laboratories, scientific infrastructure, and library facilities.
Additional tour details
- Tours are arranged for groups of 10 or more with a limit of 30 people
- We have an appointment set for August 5th 1-3PM
- Tours begin at 1pm and last approximately 2 hours
- There are no fees associated with our tours
Location: Building 3 California Geological Survey -MaPS (Maps and Publication Sales)
Topic: Learn about the new partnership between the USGS and CGS
- View some of the maps and publications available
- Learn about rocks and minerals
- Learn about topographic maps (USGS)
Location: Building 3 Visitor Center
Talk with a geologist about earthquakes
Location: Building 15 Library (SILS - Science Information and Library Services)
Topic: Introduction to the library collections - books, journals, historic aerial photography and maps, etc.
Learn more about historic aerial photographs and maps
*Tour agenda subject to change based on speaker availability
Click here for directions to the USGS, including a Menlo Park Campus Map (please study the map ahead of time and allow extra time for traffic and parking).