Wednesday, July 22, 2009
12 noon - 1:30 pm and 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
EUROPA SCIENCE QUEST
Your mission is to find the lost science impactor probe on the surface of Europa. You have at your disposal a robotic hovercraft capable of locating the probe, retrieving scientific Data, and gathering samples. Beware though, you only have so much fuel, and time is short. Get the data, gather samples, and get back in time or all is lost. Do you have what it takes to play a real space game?
- JPL designed game!
- Win unique space memorabilia!
- Real Europa Terrain Data
- Real science samples to find
- Real Europa-based physics engine for movement
- Accurate texture maps and backgrounds (actual picture above)
- On board laser
STRATEGY / SCORING:
To be announced at orientation on Wednesday, July 22, 12 noon and 3 pm.
- Full time university level student (either undergrad or graduate level).
- Open to student volunteers, student attendees, and student authors/presenters
HOW TO ENTER:
Please send email to email@example.com with the following information (put GAME ENTRY in Subject field):
YEAR IN SCHOOL:____________________________